Mukhyamantri Yuva Swavalamban Yojana @mysy.guj.nic.in: The Mukhyamantri Yuva Swavalamban Yojana is a scheme under which the students shall get grants for their higher studies. To take part in this scheme the government has asked for online applications. The Gujarat government will provide scholarships to the meritorious students who prove their mettle under this scheme.
- Government employee relaxation: For government employees, there is an age relaxation of 5 years for making use of this scheme.
- Aid to special areas: Those areas which neither have a higher education department or a government hostel shall receive special benefits. Rs. 1200 will be given to them for 10 months before they can find their accommodation.
- Extra gear to students: The students who are studying in higher secondary level will get aid for purchasing books and other educational gear. Those students that are currently in undergraduate level will get monetary aid as per the scholarship structure mentioned below.
- Student categories: Nearly all students will get this grant, given that they have obtained a specified minimum at their school or college level. For more information on this, see the eligibility criteria.
- Amount of grant: The government shall give the students a grant of Rs. 1 lakh for the period of five years. But this amount is for those who are pursuing their degree courses under Gujarat Medical Education Research Society (GMERS) and for those who are taking up dental courses as well.
- Grant for other courses: For students who are pursuing courses like pharmacy, Ayurved, engineering, nursing, homoeopathy and physiotherapy, will get half the amount as grant. This means they shall get only Rs. 50,000 per year at the most.
- More course structures: For students who are studying courses like B.Ed, B.A, B.Sc and more, there will be a government grant worth Rs. 10,000 per annum. Or, they can also get half their college expenses paid – whichever is lower to the government.
- Higher secondary students: Students who have just passed 10th standard or 12th standard with the marks that fall under the eligibility criteria will also get the grant if you have settled for courses, then you will be given Rs. 25,000 per year, or half amount of your fees – whichever is lower.
- Free reading material: You will not just get the reading material for free but you shall also get the outfits or uniforms made for free if you have any in schools and colleges. The frame charges will be as per the norms of the self-financed schools.
How to Apply
- Go to this website http://mysy.guj.nic.in/ and then click on ‘New Application’ present at the top on the right-hand corner of the main page.
- After that you have to click “If you have not registered plz. Click for registration” which is located right under “Login” on this page http://mysy.guj.nic.in/Frm_Stu_Login.aspx?p=1
- Fill out the form and then click “Get password” – you will get a password which you can use to enter further details.
- That’s all. You will then get an MYSY registration number. Keep it safe for future reference.
- Basically this is an initiative for the underprivileged students of Gujarat. It is heartily welcomed because it will prove beneficial for the downtrodden but bright students of the state.