Change/Update Photo in Aadhaar Card: We know Aadhaar card is one of the most important government identity proofs as it contains both demographics as well as the biometric data of the cardholder. However, there may be situations where a person may be required to update his details in Aadhaar. There are two ways to update Aadhaar, one through the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) and the other by visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. Read more to find out how to change the photo in Aadhar card.
Procedure for Change/Update Photo in Aadhaar Card
A person can get his details in Aadhaar updated by visiting a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. You can follow the steps mentioned below to change the photo in Aadhar card:
- Visit a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre/ Aadhaar Sewa Kendra
- Download the Aadhaar Enrolment Form from UIDAI’s website
- Fill the form with due diligence
- Submit your form to the executive and provide your biometric details
- Now the executive will take your live photograph
- You will have to provide biometrics to approve your details
- A fee of ₹ 25 + GST will have to be paid to get the details updated
- You will get an Acknowledgement slip containing the URN
- The Update Request Number (URN) can be used to check the update status
Follow below Procedure for Download the Updated Aadhaar Card
Once your request to change the photo in Aadhar is processed, you can download the updated Aadhaar card online.
Important Points Related to Aadhaar Card Update
- No document is required for changing photo in Aadhaar card
- You do not have to submit a photograph as the executive clicks the photograph on the spot using the webcam
- It may take up to 90 days to get the details updated in Aadhaar
- You can check the Aadhaar update status online using the URN provided in the Acknowledgement Slip
- There is no online process to change the photo in Aadhar card through the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP).